- Organizing entity. DOMESTIKA INC. (hereinafter DOMESTIKA), with address at 2325 3rd Street, Suite 215, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA.
- Conditions to be a participant. Participants can reside in any part of the world, must be over the age of 16, and must have a public Instagram account. Employees of the organizing company are excluded from participating. Participation will only be considered valid if participants have a public Instagram account, accept these rules, and participate during the time period specified in point 3.
- Start and end dates of the contest. The start and end dates of the contest are: from October 16th 2020, at 6pm (Spain), 11am (Mexico) until October 31st 2020 at 6pm (Spain), 11am (Mexico). DOMESTIKA reserves the right to cancel or modify the conditions of the contest at any time. Likewise, in the case of a lack of follow-up or poor-quality user participation, DOMESTIKA may suspend the contest or declare the prize void.
- How the contest works. Participants must upload an image of their version of the DOMESTIKA isotype, which can be created with any medium, technique, or style, using the Instagram Stories or Instagram feed of a public account. They must tag DOMESTIKA (@domestika) and use the hashtag #2MDomestika. Three professionals designated by DOMESTIKA, Srta Lylo (@srtalylo), Zach Soares (@y2bcrazy), and Mauro Martins (@mauromartinscom) will select three (3) winners from a selection of submissions made during the specified time period. DOMESTIKA reserves the right to disqualify those entries that do not comply with what is specified in the Terms. Likewise, it reserves the right to disqualify submissions whose content is considered inappropriate, offensive, injurious, discriminatory, or that could violate the rights of third parties.
- Contest Prize. The prize consists of two (2) gift cards, each of which is valid for one (1) DOMESTIKA course. The winner can apply these gift cards to any of DOMESTIKA’s courses.
- Communication with winners and claiming of the prize. Once the specified contest time period has ended, three winners and three runner-ups will be selected from the submissions that apply with the contest terms. The most original submissions may be published in a blog post or on DOMESTIKA’s Instagram account (@domestika) after the end of the contest and the winners are announced. Winners will be contacted on the account they made the submission from, through Instagram direct message (DM). They must respond within three (3) business days to claim their prize. DOMESTIKA will contact the winner to manage the processing of their prize. If there is no confirmation or response from the winner during that time period, they will lose their right to claim their prize and it will automatically be transferred to a runner-up. The runner-up will receive the prize if the winner does not comply with the participation terms, cannot be contacted for the purpose of accepting the prize, or does not accept the prize. In the event that there are no participants, or that the designated winner or runner-up did not meet the requirements established in these rules, the prize will be declared void.
- Assignment of rights. Participants assign DOMESTIKA the rights to reproduce their submission and use it in DOMESTIKA’s public communication in any medium, without time limits or remuneration. DOMESTIKA will always credit the author's name in all possible reproductions. Participants will be responsible for the absence of any pertinent authorization of the rights of third parties that the image contains, assuming any claim for the violation of image, industrial, or intellectual property rights.
For clarification purposes, the primary objective of DOMESTIKA will always be to promote the work of participants; for this purpose, the copyright of the submission will remain with its creator, who will be credited whenever it is used.
- Right of exclusion. DOMESTIKA reserves the right to disqualify and exclude participants from the contest when:
- When they register or participate using false information, or if there are indications that could reasonably lead DOMESTIKA to believe that false information has been used. For these purposes, participants may be required to verify their information if deemed appropriate by DOMESTIKA.
- When, through any fraudulent or artificial means, they manipulate their entry or the Contest voting process.
- When DOMESTIKA considers that they contain elements that in any way can be considered contrary to fundamental rights and public liberties, it induces, incites, or promotes criminal, denigratory, violent actions or, in general, is contrary to law, morality and good customs generally accepted or to public order; are protected by any intellectual or industrial property rights belonging to third parties, without the participant having previously obtained the necessary authorization for use or intended use from their owners; is contrary to the right to honor, personal and family privacy or one’s own image; in any way impairs the reputation of DOMESTIKA or third parties; as well as the assumptions that may constitute advertising.
- When the present bases are breached in any way.
DOMESTIKA reserves the right to take legal action against those who carry out any type of activity that could be considered manipulation or falsification of the contest.
- Exclusion of liability. DOMESTIKA is excluded, and not liable, with respect to participants breaching intellectual, industrial, or image property rights, as well as any liability that may derive from the participant’s breach of or failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the contest.
- Acceptance of the terms and conditions. By entering the contest, participants accept these terms and conditions. DOMESTIKA reserves the right to modify the conditions of the contest at any time, and to even void or cancel it. In any case, DOMESTIKA will communicate these modified terms and conditions in a place where all participants can access this updated information.
- Data protection. Participants are informed and authorize that the personal data they provide when registering for the contest will be incorporated into an automated file, owned by DOMESTIKA, and will be processed in order to register their participation in the contest. For this purpose, DOMESTIKA may transfer said data to companies in its Business Group or third-party service providers if necessary for the development and promotion of the contest. The data provided by the participants will be treated confidentially and collected in an automated personal data file, with DOMESTIKA being the owner and entity in charge of said file, with the purpose of managing this contest and sending commercial information that may be of interest to you.
- Applicable Legislation and Jurisdiction. The laws of the State of California (USA) will be applied and any conflict will be resolved before the arbitration of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), in the event that the indicated submission arbitration could be considered not applicable, before the Courts and Tribunals of the county of San Francisco (California, USA), both parties expressly renouncing the participation of a jury.