If you receive an error message while downloading a file from the Additional Resources section of your course, the first thing to do would be to check that your computer has the corresponding program or application to open it.
The most common file formats are:
- .PDF - you will need a PDF reader.
- .RAR - you must install a decompressor for these files, for example, WinRAR.
- .ZIP - you must install a decompressor for these files, for example, WinZip.
- .PSD - you must open this type of file with Adobe Photoshop.
We also recommend that you check the speed of your Internet connection, a slow connection might prevent the correct download or corrupt the files.
If the problem persists:
and don't forget to provide us with the following information:
- The email address associated with your Domestika account or your username.
- Course in which the file is located.
- Unit number, lesson and name of the file you are having problems with. (If there is more than one problematic file, please let us know).
- Error message or warning that appears on the web and, if possible, a screenshot so we can investigate the matter further.
With this information, we will be able to quickly review the file and help you resolve the issue.
Other articles that may interest you: