If you receive an error message while downloading a file from the Additional Resources section of your course, the first thing to do would be to check that your computer has the corresponding program or application to open it.
The most common file formats are:
- .PDF - you will need a PDF reader.
- .RAR - you must install a decompressor for these files, for example WinRAR.
- .ZIP - you must install a decompressor for these files, for example WinZIP.
- .PSD - you must open this type file with Adobe Photoshop.
We also recommend that you check the speed of your Internet connection, because if it is not fast enough, the download of the file may fail.
If the problem persists, please contact us here and don't forget to provide us with the following information:
- Associated email address you use in Domestika or your username.
- Course in which the file is located.
- Unit number, lesson and name of the file you are having problems with. (If there is more than one problematic file, please tell us that too).
- Error message or warning that appears on the web and, if possible, a screenshot so we can investigate the matter further.
With this information we will be able to quickly review the file and find a solution for the issue.
Other articles that may interest you: