First of all, we recommend that you check that your device has the minimum requirements for playing the video lessons, which you can find here.
This article refers to playback problems on the website. If you are using the app, please visit the following article: Problems with video/audio playback in the app.
If you are experiencing problems playing the videos, it is usually due to the speed of your Internet connection or your browser’s settings. Please note that you need to have an operating system Windows 8.1, or higher or OS Catalina 10.15, or higher. We do not offer support for devices running older versions due to the existing limitations in these operating systems. We recommend using Domestika with more current operating systems to avoid problems.
And don’t worry! Here you will find a step-by-step guide that you can follow to help you solve this problem as soon as possible.
Technical problems when playing the videos:
- First of all, make sure you have installed the latest version of your browser (Chrome, Mozilla, or Safari). If not, we recommend that you update it as sometimes older versions can cause these types of problems.
- The next step would be to clear the cookies and cache from your browser. Then, try accessing the Domestika website from an incognito/private window.
- In addition, if you have any ad blockers installed in your browser or other types of plug-ins (such as AdBlock and Ghostery), we recommend that you deactivate them when viewing the course lessons. Also, if you have installed an antivirus such as Avira or any other in your browser, please deactivate it.
If the problem persists, you can adjust the resolution to fit your connection speed. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Click on the gear that appears when you put the mouse over the video or when you click on the gray box (if it appears).
- Click Quality.
- Choose a lower resolution than the one selected.
If you use Safari, we recommend you to use another browser as it doesn't allow to change the quality of the videos.
Once you do this, you will see a small pause in the video and playback will immediately resume with the new resolution you have chosen.
Audio technical problems:
Make sure that your computer has sound enabled for the browser you are using and that the speakers/headphones are working properly.
- If you have an ad blocker enabled in your browser, we recommend that you disable it when viewing the course lessons.
- If you have installed an antivirus such as Avira or any other in your browser, you will need to disable it.
- Finally, check if you have installed the latest version of your Chrome or Mozilla browser. If not, we recommend that you update it, as sometimes older versions can cause this type of error. If your browser is up to date, try clearing your browsing history and logging back into your Domestika profile.
If even after carrying out the above recommendations the issue persists, we advise you once again to check the requirements for playing videos here and in the meantime, access the courses from another device or from the Domestika app (Android or iOS).